Away league match played on 13 April 2013.
Kicked off at 10:00 AM


This was the biggest game of the season to date as the top two met in the league in a 6 pointer and it was a brilliant match that had everything with an unbelievable climax to the game which you couldn’t have scripted. We came into the match knowing 3 points were a must after our midweek defeat that saw us lose our lead at the top of the league being replaced by today's opponents Thistle. The two Mitchell’s were missing for this one with Craig unavailable after becoming a dad on Friday night and Marc suspended after his red card during the week as he joined Tam on the suspension list. Aaron came back from injury to start although he wouldn’t see the 90 minutes out.




Bogger, Craig S, Aaron, Hutchy


Darren, Ryan, McBee, Finlay


              Liam, Ecky


It was a very scrappy start to the game with both teams knowing the importance of the result with chances few and far between in the opening exchanges. Once it got going though both teams had decent chances. Our best chance of the first half came from Ecky’s header from a cross into the box but he was unlucky to see it cleared off the line from the defender. Their best chance came when the striker got through on goal but Broony pulled off an outstanding save to keep them out.


HT 0-0


We started the second half the better but were dealt a massive blow when Aaron was sent off for deliberate hand ball on the edge of the box just before the hour mark. Down to 10 men though we were still the better team as every player dug deep to try get the victory. It was Thistle who came closest first though when they hit the post from a 20 yard free-kick. We were still looking the more threatening going forward though and Ecky had yet another header cleared off the line as we tried to take the lead. The best chance of the match then fell to Darren after Finlay put in a great delivery but Darren saw his strike come off the crossbar from 8 yards out. Just as it was starting to look like the game would end in a stalemate the final 10 minutes produced unbelievable drama. Ryan was forced off with an injury and then 2 minutes later Thistle scored and judging by their celebrations they thought the game was won. Down to 10 men and falling behind late in the game you would have got long odds on a Harleys win but credit to all the players they regrouped again and an inspired substitution by the gaffer saw Scotty come on and he got the equaliser, before then setting up Liam to score a brilliant volley from the edge of the box in the 90th minute.  A goal worth winning any game and it saw us go back to the top of the league, doing the double this season over our closest rivals.  


FT 1-2


Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

TeamStats is the ultimate app for running your football team.
Everything you need in one intuitive platform.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia