Home league match played on 12 September 2015.
Kicked off at 12:00 AM

After two superb results we where at home against a Timperley Demons team that had started the season really well.

We started the game sluggishly and our passing was suffering as we were not playing in our usual pass and move style. The Demons where certainly 'up for it' and were winning first and second balls all over the pitch. This continued for 10mins and thankfully our defence in Daniel, Thomas Mitchell and particularly Thomas Dykes, stood up to the test and limited them to very little in the way of opportunities. When we at last started to realise we needed to up our tempo and compete, particularly in midfield with Ryan, Nathan and Thomas Davenport (Captain for the Day), and Flynn started to make better runs and hold the ball up for us, we began to dominate the ball and territory. So much so that we created 4 or 5 outstanding chances, which the keeper did well to save and when we did beat him we hit the post and crossbar 3 times !!!!! So after 20mins it was 0-0.

Changes were made for the second period and we told the boys that they needed to keep moving the ball quickly with 2-3 touch football to tire out the Demons as they had worked so hard so far. This 20mins was a lot better, we competed, won our individual battles and played some lovely football. We created several opportunities and with better decison making and more clinical finishing could have been 3 or 4 up. We had to settle for a Thomas Davenport goal (Which was great as he'd hit the woodwork 4 times in the game !!) that gave us a 1-0 lead after 40mins.

The boys were warned that this game could go one of two ways, either you get the second goal and kill their enthusiasm or they equalise and you've got a real game on your hands. They went out and did their best to grab the next goal, we played some superb football, from the back, through midfeld and into attack, but again couldn't get that elusive goal. What we said might happen...did happen !!! From one of their rare attacks the ball bobbled around in the box and was struck home giving Daniel no chance to level the game at 1-1. Last year we would have drawn or even lost this game, but the boys have a more steely determination about them this year and it was no surprise when from a wonderful move, Nathan cut inside from the right and unleashed an unstoppable shot across the keeper and into the top corner. The boys then turned the screw and should have made the scoreline more comfortable, however, special mention for Daniel who made a wonderful save in the last couple of mins which ensured that the game finished 2-1.

Their coaches and the referee where very complimentary about our style of play and organisation, credit to the boys !!

All the boys played well, with Daniel, Pearse and Thomas Mitchell at the back, Ryan and Thomas Higgins sharing the central midfield workload, Max, Nathan and Thomas Davenport the wide areas and Flynn and Thomas Higgins the forward berth, however, Thomas Dykes had an outstanding game at the back in every aspect and fully deserved his Man of the Match award.

Wilmslo Sports away next Saturday 26th September with a 9.30am kick off.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia