Away league match played on 29 October 2017.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

Casuals and Pelham continued their unbeaten run beating Hatfield Heath 5-2 away from home. The game burst into life with a rapid start, Hatfield Heath kicking off and trying to keep the ball and play some possession football. However a poor back pass from a Heath defender was chased down by Tim Shaw, and he slid in and nicked a toe on the ball to put it past the keeper and into the back of the net, 1-0 to Pelham. Pelhams fast start continued as 5 minutes later, just 6 minutes into the game, Shaw notched his second. A through ball over the top from Liam Perry was latched onto by Shaw, who passed the ball round the keeper and then into the net, 2-0. It looked like it could have been a long day for the home side, but they battled their way into the game and started to create some chances. They were handed a life line around 15 minutes in as a harsh handball penalty decision was given against Ant Hamilton-Pilot, and Heath had the chance to halve the deficit. However the penalty was superbly saved by Dan Monk, who made his decision on which way to go early, got down well and palmed the ball away. Just as things were looking like they were going from bad to worse for the home side, they were back in it. Heath started to carve out some chances and managed to piece some passages of play together. Some poor shape from Pelham saw three or four easy passes from Heath with the final one placed inside for the striker who was a few yards out unmarked in the box and an easy tap in for the Heath, 2-1. The comeback was complete around 5 minutes later as some more easy passes saw the ball worked out wide, with a cross put in and another unmarked man in the box, this time with a header put away, 2-2. Pelham then decided to change formation and match up Hatfield Heath man for man, sticking the extra man in midfield. 2-2 is how it stayed at the break though. The second half was an even quicker start for Pelham than the first. With it being Pelhams kick off, Boyce and Shaw discussed whether the latter should go for goal straight from the kick. Shaw stepped up and struck the ball on target, with it looking like a routine take for the keeper. However he made an absolute hash of it and palmed it into his own net, with Shaw scoring from the half way line, straight from kick off and making it 3-2 to Pelham. Pelham were much more comfortable in the game after matching Heaths formation and continued to create good chances. The next goal would be vital in how the game would go, and it was Pelham who got it. Some good play saw the ball break out on the left to Lee Simper. He swung a cross in at the back post, with Jamie Richards getting his head on the end of it and making it 4-2. 10 minutes later the game was put to bed, some good link up play between Shaw and Boyce saw the ball break to Boyce on the left. He slipped a ball in behind for Steve Callan to get on the end of, who made no mistake in his finish, 5-2 to the home side. Pelham continued to dominate and could have had more via chances from Jamie Richards, Dan Arran and Tim Shaw. But it wasn't to be and the game finished 5-2 to Pelham. A good result after a mad start to the game, once Heaths formation was matched they didn't really trouble Pelham at all. Today's man of the match goes to Tim Shaw, who got 3 important goals at vital times for Pelham in order to help them win the game.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia