Away league match played on 18 February 2018.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

Casuals and Pelham had victory snatched from their grasp away from home vs Newport as a last minute Tim Shaw goal was disallowed meaning the game ended 3-3. With Pelham pushing for the league title a win was vital to their cause, so the last minute decision was even more of a blow, damaging Pelhams title hopes. In poor conditions once again the pitch was cutting up straight way from kick off. Pelham started slowly and Newport found their rhythm much quicker. However it was the away side who took the lead via a Mark Jolley freekick which was whipped in towards the back post with Lee Cuddeford just missing the header which distracted the keeper from the flight of the ball, taking it straight into the back of the net. That goal sparked Newport into life even more so and they struck back not long after, with a ball through cutting in behind Pelham for the first time, with the Newport striker not making any mistakes, 1-1. Newport took the lead soon after, a similar goal to their first one allowing them to double their tally and take the lead for the first time, 2-1 to Newport. It was no more than Pelham deserved and they knew they had to play better if they wanted to win this game. They slowly started to grow into the half and eventually pulled one back to level the scores, some good work from Dan Arran saw him play a ball over the top for Tim Shaw who lobbed the onrushing keeper, 2-2. That was how it stayed at the half and both teams went into the break even. Pelham started the second half a lot brighter and pushing for the win, however they had a set back when Newport once again took the lead. A free kick was whipped in and managed to loop over the monk, with the Newport striker at the back stick and to steer home past Ant Hamilton-Pilot on the goal line. However Pelham hit back instantly from kick off. Dan Boyce took the ball forwards going past a couple of players and then playing a quick ball over the top for Tim Shaw to chase. Shaw beat the onrushing keeper to it and his header went past the keeper and trickled into the back of the net, 3-3. Pelham continued to push for the winner and came close on a few occassions. However with the last phase of play of the game Pelham looked to have won it. An Adam Watts freekick was whipped into the box and volleyed towards goal by Pelham only for the ball to be blocked on the line by a Newport defender. The rebound came out to another Pelham player who once again directed the ball towards goal and for a second time by a second Newport defender on the line, the ball was cleared away. However the ball only got as far as the feet of Tim Shaw who controlled and placed the ball in the back of the net, 4-3 to Pelham and the blues looked to have won it in the last minute. However unknown to most there what the reason actually was, the referee disallowed the goal for an apparent offside, even though two Newport defenders were on the goal line clearing the ball from the two previous shots seconds earlier. Pelham were fuming and the whistle was blown for full time, with the game finishing 3-3 and Pelham being robbed of the vital win in their league title push.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia