Home cup match played on 14 December 2017.
Kicked off at 8:00 PM

Magical Vegas FC put on fantastic display but referee decisions cost them on a cold night in North London.

They went 2-0 up inside 10 minutes. From the kick off, passing from front-to-back found Harry Pedersen in the right-back position. He played a one-to with Shane McNamara, who passed into midfield to Tre Thompson. He returned to ball to Pedersen who supplied a channel ball to Erol Resat who dinked a brilliant finish into the far corner from the right hand edge of the box. It was beautiful to be involved with.

Then, a deep free-kick from Patrick Moore Jones caused the goalie too much trouble minutes later and Resat was on hand to nod in the rebound - 2-0.

It was getting easy to open up Admiral and Pedersen squared from Trigz to tap in across the 6 yard box but slightly overhit the ball and Trigz slid in but missed the target. Pedersen also had his own shot cannon back off the post as Vegas looked very dangerous in every attack.

However, on 30mins, a deep cross from the Admiral right back drifted towards the far side of the box, with Pedersen and the Admiral striker colliding whilst the both looked at the ball the referee gave a 'push in the back' that everybody knew didn't happen. There was no obvious push - just legs colliding, a joke and a decision only Admiral FC would get.

The penalty was despatched and the same striker scored 5 minutes before half-time with a great header at the back post. Everyone had been dragged across leaving Moore Jones isolated at the back post with two players to mark - he was caught the wrong side of one of them and could do nothing about the header.

Vegas came in disappointed at half-time as they really should have scored more goals despite drawing with the champions. They tweaked the formation but their attacking quality dissipated and Admiral began to get more of foothold in the game without creating any clear cut chances.

Goalkeeper David Willis hadn't been called into action despite the goals scored.

Resat brought down a long-ball and the goalie made a fantastic save off a one-on-one which looked like he was going to secure his hat-trick. After that ANOTHER collision on the far edge of the box was deemed a penalty to the disgust of the Vegas Boys. That was scored which left Vegas needing a goal to set up a grand finale.

Their chances came quick in succession after 85 minutes. A Trigz free-kick was flicked on and Luke O'Learly couldn't sort his feet out quick enough to tap in at the far post with the goal at his mercy and Moore Jones, now playing further forward played in Trigz rather than looking to his right where Perry Price and Steven Bruce waited on a break with 30 seconds left.

It was another rueful night for the Vegas boys but at least the boys are starting to realise they can mix it with anybody in any league at this standard. They need to remember that in order to win they need to be killer in front of goal and avoid silly mistakes at the back if they want to win any silverware this year.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia