Away league match played on 11 December 2011.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

Pyrford notched up their third straight win with a laboured performance against Corinthian Guildford, and in doing so completed the double over them this season.  It wasn't a good performance by any means, but Pyrford controlled enough of the game to deserve the win, and really should've scored more.

The first half was an even contest, with Pyrford struggling to get the ball down on an uneven and difficult surface.  Snipes missed two good chances of his own making before giving Pyrford the lead in typical fashion.  He hassled two defenders and won the ball with his strength, before slotting the ball neatly past the oncoming keeper.

Pyrford were very disjointed and had spells of good play, but couldn't perform consistently enough and Corinthian Guildford were causing them problems with their pace going forward.  They soon deservedly levelled when Pyrford failed to clear their lines, and Nathan was given no chance as the ball broke free to their striker.

Pyrford were fast becoming second best in the game, but showed in patches the quality that has got them to their lofty league position.  Indeed it was a good team move that gave Pyrford the lead, as several passes gave Summers time and space, and he picked out a good through ball for Wattsy.  Wattsy had very little support but from a tight angle and on his weaker foot he beat his man and drilled an unstoppable shot low into the far corner.

Snipes went close again after a classy turn but he fired over, but Pyrford were on the back foot soon after as they were completely outpaced down the flank.  The dangerous winger rounded Nathan but Edd and Lewis were on hand with some last ditch defending to ensure Pyrford kept their lead going into half time.

Pyrford surrendered their lead again early in the second half, as they were caught out once again by Corinthian's pace in attack.  They soon regained the lead minutes later when Edd's through ball from a quick free kick was slightly overhit, but the home keeper didn't take it cleanly and Snipes was on hand to finish into an empty net.

This should've been enough for Pyrford to settle and take control, but again they were caught out down the flanks. with only a crucial challenge from Ben preventing Pyrford from conceding a third equaliser.  Arran and Fowler came on for Edd and Duane, forcing a reshuffle, and Pyrford had began to boss the game.  Chances came and went, but it was Arran who was coolness personified in front of goal after good work from Wattsy and Snipes, and Arran finished well.

Arran could've had another soon afterwards but his lob went just wide, and Snipes missed another chance of his own making, as Pyrford looked to see out the game.  A last minute consolation from Corinthian Guildford gave the scoreline a more respectable feel, but Pyrford had done enough to win the game, although the ease at which one of the weaker sides in the division managed to create chances will be a cause for concern.  A much better performance will be needed to get a similar result next week, at home to champions-elect Milford Green.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia