Home league match played on 08 April 2019.
Kicked off at 8:50 PM

Nothing beats shutting up the opposition like a last minute equaliser. NOTHING! The Revs once again, like so often this season, showed they are hard to beat and never give in, playing right up to the last moments…

Makes it all the more baffling that the gobby opposition claimed at the full time whistle that The Revs lacked stamina and needed a last minute goal to share the spoils. That was the level of intellect possessed by the opposition.

They could have seen the game out to be honest, had they been smarter, after their early goal. A goal that at the time came against the run of play. The Revs having all the ball and playing in their half until they broke on the counter and scored an opportunistic goal.

The tide turned a little after that and the opposition started to play but nothing really worried Myers from that point. He spent the game sweeping up rather than saving The Revs from further goals. The Revs ended the first half on the back foot and showed the opposition too much respect after their goal.

That mistake was not going to happen in the second half.

The Revs came out and blocked, hounded and tackled ferociously – getting in the opposition faces and they did not like it one bit.

They continued to bemoan the fact football was a contact sport, the ref was not having any of it. The Revs carved out several chances that they squandered and at one point it felt like they were not going to get their just rewards.

The turning point came when one of their many moaners – “How dare they tackle me” – spoke out of terms one too many times – with the gentle coercion of Tyman, sitting on his shoulder like the devil, tempting him to continue his rant. Eventually the ref had enough of one too many expletives and gave him 2 minutes to calm down.

That lad cost them the tie.

One a man up The Revs continued to push forward, the opposition panicked and lumped the ball back to a Revs player at every opportunity. The Revs kept coming back at them and stretched them out of shape.

James Evans flicked the ball into Beardall’s path, who cut inside and returned the favour playing a smart ball into the box for Evans, who had continued his run, to put beyond the keeper.

Cue celebrations, over exaggerated celebrations, to quieten the moaners. There was barely anytime for the restart but even then The Revs stole a march and looked like they would bag the winner in that final 30 seconds…

1-1 but it felt, after the hard work and effort in the second half, like a victory. It was certainly a morale victory. This was the type of game that The Revs would have lost at one time as frustrations boiled over. The Revs showed a maturity that the opposition lacked though. The Revs showed a respect for the ref that the opposition didn’t and in the end that paid dividends.

Everyone played their part and upped their game in that second period. The Revs were joyous, The Misfits fumed – so much so that the lad that didn’t realise football was a contact sport continued his protestations long after the full time whistle had gone.

Two games left to go… Let’s show the same effort that was shown in the second half and see where it takes us!


Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia