Home league match played on 26 October 2013.
Kicked off at 2:30 PM


After the dismal result played out in the wind a rain in the previous week, Sporting were looking for a response against Ufford in this weeks home league tie.

Playing at Sporting's former home of Nowton Park the ghosts of the previous season were to haunt Sporting once again.


It was as Manager Mark Crawford put it to his players as a second bite of the cherry with no chance of a third, a result today was a must but it appeared early on as though Sporting were not quite up to the challenge.

The game began with a few promising moves from Sporting with some good play between Bailey and Miller returning after being away with Uni duty. It was all to be in vain however as a comedy of errors lead to Ufford gaining the upper hand as they found their way into the box and shot past a helpless Dan Page in goal. Moments later and Sporting again would be undone, this time a seemingly aimless long ball from Uffords right back found it's way past Sporting's midfield and defence before being latched onto and dispatched into Page's net. The poor start continued still as Sporting succumbed to another Ufford assault and found themselves in poor position of being three nil down with a lot of game time left to play.

Sporting can always score goals and Bailey would demonstrate this with a flash of divine footballing skill as he picked the ball up and found himself on the edge of the box with an onrushing keeper only to lift the ball beautifully over the keepers head and into the far corner of the net. A late rallying cry in the second half as Sporting piled on the pressure and some belief was restored as Miller powerhoused a shot past the goalkeeper and into the far corner of the net. Game on. The first half finished with Sporting trailing but with a glimmer of hope.

The second half started in nightmare fashion for Sporting as they found themselves 4-2 down early on in the second half forcing manager Mark Crawford to make some changes. Herrera, unable to shake off his dip in form was replaced on the hour mark by the pacey and direct Nathan Krogh.

The move paid dividends almost immediately as Ufford struggled with Krogh's pace. The game was end to end now and both teams trying their best to assert themselves with Bailey going close and Manning making some dangerous movements in behind Uffords back line. Crawford would look to his bench again to shore things up at the back as Manning was replaced by the returning Stebbings allowing Rodwell to move into his favoured central midfield role. Minutes later another change to add some much needed direction to Sporting's defence as Ash Brown replaced David Taylor. The changes made for a much more solid back line and late in the second half Krogh picked up the ball before moving it onto Miller who found the back of the net which rallied Sporting but to no avail as the whistle blew and despite a last gasp flurry of chances left Sporting without a point and back to back losses for the first time this season.


Manager Mark Crawford then, tasked with finding a winning formulae from a team floundering. No easy task however big changes are expected in next weeks game as Sporting take the long trip to play Shotley Res.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia