Last updated : 09/09/2023 23:46:38
Athletics are a Saturday football team made up of 26 team members.
The team is from Leicester, United Kingdom and play in the United Counties Football League Premier Division.
Athletics started using TeamStats in September 2020 and so far have created match reports and statistics for 4 games.
Athletics Football Club
Athletics Football Club is a football team based in Leicester, England. They play in the United Counties Football League Premier Division, which is the ninth tier of the English football league system.
The club was founded in 1967 and originally played in the Leicestershire Senior League. They were promoted to the United Counties League in 1987 and have been playing in the Premier Division since 2018.
Athletics' home ground is the Athletic Ground, which is located in the Braunstone area of Leicester. The ground has a capacity of 1,000 spectators.
- Founded in 1967.
- Promoted to the United Counties League in 1987.
- Play in the Premier Division since 2018.
- Home ground is the Athletic Ground.
- Goalkeepers: Tom Birch, Sam Green.
- Defenders: Ben Barlow, James Bull, Tom Dodson, Josh Fletcher, Ben James, Sam Moore, Charlie Murphy, Jack Pearson, Tom Rogers.
- Midfielders: Ryan Bird, Ben Brown, Jordan Cooper, Michael Dobson, Jordan Edwards, Lewis Hall, Josh Howarth, George King, Jack Lloyd, Jamie Morris.
- Forwards: Ben Gough, Ben Hartley, Luke Johnson, Reece Morris, Jordan Smith.
The current manager of Athletics is Lee Brundle. He was appointed in November 2022.
- Athletics - Premier Division - United Counties Football League
- Athletics FC – Uhlsport United Counties Football League
- Athletics F.C. (Leicester) - Wikipedia
About the United Counties Football League
The United Counties Football League is an English football league covering an area including the English counties of northern Bedfordshire, northern Buckinghamshire, most of Cambridgeshire, southern Derbyshire, southern Leicestershire, most of Lincolnshire, and Rutland.
The league was founded in 1969 and currently consists of three divisions: the Premier Division, Division One, and Division Two. The Premier Division is the ninth tier of the English football league system.