Last updated : 08/09/2023 11:05:46
Johor Darul Takzim are a Grassroots football team made up of 1 team members.
The team is from Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Johor Darul Takzim started using TeamStats in October 2017.
Johor Darul Takzim Football Club
Johor Darul Ta'zim Football Club, or simply JDT, is a professional football club based in Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia that competes in the Malaysia Super League, the top tier of Malaysian football.
The club was founded in 1972 as PKENJ FC, and was renamed Johor FC in 1996. In 2013, the club was acquired by Tunku Ismail Idris, the Crown Prince of Johor, and was renamed Johor Darul Ta'zim.
- JDT won their first major honour in 2014, when they won the Malaysia Super League.
- In 2015, they won the AFC Cup, becoming the first Malaysian team to win a continental trophy.
- They have since gone on to win the Malaysia Super League nine times in a row, from 2014 to 2022.
- They have also won the Malaysia FA Cup five times, the Malaysia Cup four times, and the Piala Sumbangsih six times.
JDT's home stadium is the Sultan Ibrahim Stadium, which has a capacity of 40,000. The stadium was opened in 2020, and is considered to be one of the best stadiums in Southeast Asia.
- JDT's current squad includes a number of international players, including Safawi Rasid, Bergson, Diogo, and Fernando Forestieri.
- The team is managed by Benjamin Mora, a Mexican former professional footballer.