Last updated : Thursday, 23 November 2023
South West Regional Women's Football League
The South West Regional Women's Football League (SWRWFL) is an amateur football league for women and girls in the South West of England. It is the second tier of women's football in the region, below the FA Women's National League South West Division. The SWRWFL was founded in 1999 and currently consists of 36 teams.
The SWRWFL is divided into four divisions:
- Premier Division: The top division of the SWRWFL, with 12 teams.
- Division One East: The second division of the SWRWFL, with 10 teams.
- Division One West: The third division of the SWRWFL, with 10 teams.
- Development League: A new division for teams that are new to the SWRWFL or that are looking to develop their players.
The teams in the SWRWFL for the 2023-24 season are:
- AEK Boco Ladies First
- Almondsbury Women First
- Bristol Ladies Union First
- Cheltenham Town Ladies Development
- Chipping Sodbury Town Ladies 1st
- Downend Flyers Women First
- Frampton Rangers Ladies First
- Mangotsfield United Women
- Poole Town Ladies First
- Royal Wootton Bassett Town Ladies First
- Shaftesbury Ladies
- Stockwood Wanderers (Women) First
- Weymouth FC Women
The SWRWFL season runs from September to May, with each team playing each other twice. The top two teams in the Premier Division are promoted to the FA Women's National League South West Division, while the bottom two teams are relegated to Division One East or Division One West. The top two teams in Division One East and Division One West are promoted to the Premier Division, while the bottom two teams in each division are relegated to the Development League.
The SWRWFL also has a number of cup competitions, including:
- The Pat Sowden Cup: The main cup competition in the SWRWFL, for teams in the Premier Division and Division One.
- The Bristol Soccerworld Cup: A cup competition for teams in the Premier Division, Division One, and Division Two.
- The Western League Cup: A cup competition for teams in Division One West and Division Two.