Last updated : Thursday, 30 November 2023
Walking Football United is an amateur football league for people over the age of 50. It was founded in 2016 and has since grown to over 100 clubs in the UK.
The league aims to provide a fun and safe environment for people to get active and enjoy the game of football. Matches are played at walking pace, with no running or sliding tackles allowed.
Walking Football United is open to all abilities, from beginners to experienced players. There are both men's and women's leagues, as well as social and competitive leagues.
- Matches are played on a full-size football pitch, but the goals are smaller.
- Players must walk at all times. Running and sliding tackles are not allowed.
- There is no offside rule.
- The ball must be kept in play for at least 5 seconds before it can be passed.
- A match consists of two halves of 20 minutes each.