Home cup match played on 10 September 2016.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

This game against Falkirk FCF White was the last game in our League Cup group before it would be decided what league we would be entered into. We knew the opposition very well as it was only 6 days previously they had knocked us out of the Scottish Cup. The boys had a chance to make amends in this game and try and ensure they worked harder than last week to get the result.

We still had a couple of injuries, with some of the boys heavily strapped up and wanting to seek their revenge from the previous week. We were also missing a few players due to illness, but we still had a very strong squad to take on a very good passing team. This would also be the last game Jamie McTavish would play for the 04s as he has decided to move on, and we would all like to wish him all the very best in the future.

Captain today was given to Taylor Milne and Vice Captain was Brady Differ.

The game started really well and the boys looked more up for this than last week, as highlighted we had to make a number of changes to the team, with Kenny Gemmell covering the back line, seeing the return of James Wallace, Reuben Gray moving into midfield and Ben Brown taking a shot up front, due to Logan Jarvies absence. It was great to see the boys more settled and playing football like they know they can, with composure and confidence. Every one of the boys working really hard, both teams trying to break each other down, free kicks for and against but it was only until the 25th minutes when Jamie McTavish lobbed a ball into the top corner to take the boys into the lead! What a relief, taking the lead would ensure the boys would continue to drive forward and finish the game. They were definitely the team on top, however they did make a few minor errors, which we all do from time to time. Falkirk managed to break through and took a shot from outside the box, Lee Kelly pulled off the save of the season and tipped it around the post! Superb Save!!! Andrew Duncan was continually being fouled and limped off, which gave Logan Jardine a chance to prove his place. Lees save gave the boys an extra lift and the boys deserved the lead going into the first half, only for the referee for the third game this season to give a soft penalty, with 39 minutes on the clock! Falkirk stepped up and placed the ball, however Lee managed to get the tips of his fingers to the ball, but couldn’t stop it from going into the back of the net! So unlucky and also felt like we have been robbed, yet again!

HT 1-1

The boys looked a little disappointed coming into the break but they cannot fault their performance in the 40 minutes they had on the pitch. It was great to see that they had the belief back and wanting to attack Falkirk. The second half started similar to the first, however we had made some changes with Ben Brown dropping back into defence even though he put in a great shift up top during the first half and Kenny Gemmell having a spell up front, again after another solid performance at the back. It was very much stale mate apart from a couple of chances from each team and for the second week running against the same team we failed to take our chances, all the hard work was done but it was down to the last third, when we just failed to hit the back of the net. On the 50th minute Falkirk scored again, however the boys still continued to battle away. A couple of freekicks sent wide and over the bar, and a couple of scrambles in the each of the boxes, but if you cannot finish your opportunities we all know you will get punished. Yes it happened and Falkirk scored against. A few changes were made, Aron Stevenson came on for James Wallace and Hanaan Ali played his first game for JBM taking over from a battered and bruised Calum Roberts. The boys did their very best to try and pull it back but tiredness set in, with a further couple of knocks and Falkirk took advantage and scored a further 2 goals.

FT 1-4

The score wasn’t really representative of the game. The boys gave their all during this game and I am very pleased to see them fighting back from the previous outing against Falkirk. I think a few spectators will agree that the referee gave away some poor decisions and mostly against our boys. At times we gave the opposition too much respect which enabled them to have more time on the ball and build their confidence, however when we pressed and started to pass the ball and play football, the boys looked superb! This was another great lesson for the boys and we learn more in defeat, we will learn by our mistakes and evaluate each of the games we play to work together to see what we need to do to improve. Every one of the boys knows what needs to be done both in training and in the league once it forms. I am sure that if they continue to work hard on their individual skills, communication skills and work hard as a unit then I am sure they will start winning games in the very near future. We all need to be patient as each week the boys are getting better and stronger. We have lost a couple of players over the last few weeks but they will be replaced by others, we need to stick together and get back to winning ways!

MOM - Everyone of the boys for their performance and atitude on the pitch!

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia