Away league match played on 15 September 2013.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

3 minutes extra time played.

Following Pathfields' late equaliser in their last game, they went into this game looking to gather momentum against a team they lost to in pre-season; Great Oakley. Oakley themselves won their first game, a close 2-1 victory over Little Clacton, Pathfields' next opponents.

The weather is clear, the pitch is correctly marked and the teams are ready. Already an improvement on last week despite Pathfields' manager being absent through absence and possible tension after a much-debated lineup.

The game got underway and instantly mirrored last week's performance; a goal conceded early on. 2nd minute and Oakley scored a sloppy header at the back post. Three minutes later and the deficit is doubled, an incisive pass leaves the striker clear through on goal to slot the ball past the keeper. Two down within five minutes, Pathfields don't half like to make it hard for themselves!

Two missed chances on open goals and a bevy of half chances later, the whistle goes for half time. The only chance of note from the away side came from Paul Thorpe who hit a long range effort with his weaker foot inches wide of the left hand post. However, Pathfields are lucky to only be two goals down at this stage.

Thomas Jefferson makes way at half time for Jamie Everitt who comes in on the left wing, pushing Max Smith to left back. There's a clear difference to either side at the start of the second half, Pathfields looked comfortable on the ball, creating chances from the get-go, whilst Oakley mentally look to be at home tucking into their Sunday roast already. It didn't take long for the difference in momentum to show, as Josh Redpath broke down the right wing, took on the left back and squared a ball into the box for Jamie Everitt to scramble home on the 49minute mark. Chance after chance created by Pathfields who continued to grow in the game before Josh Redpath was involved again, curling a long range shot with the outside of him boot into the top corner. The keeper had no chance with that one.

2-2 and suddenly Oakley realised they had a game on their hands. Would those missed chances come back to haunt them in this second half? Pathfield's dominated the rest of the half and should have made it 3-2 with Jamie Everitt through on goal with a wonderful pass from Paul Thorpe. It was, however, Oakley who broke the deadlock completely against the run of play. Luke Smith conceded a free kick which somehow finds its way through a crowded box and bounced into the net. Six minutes remaining and Pathfields find themselves undeservedly behind. Fast forward a few minutes and Oakley have the chance to wrap the game up from the penalty spot after Smith is controversially judged to have given away a foul. A fantastic save from Kent Regan follows, diving to his left to keep Pathfields in the game.

The away side continued to press forward, a little extra pace added with the late addition of Ryan Plant, replacing the impressive Lawrence Fairweather on the right wing. A late penalty shout denied signalled the last chance on goal for Pathfields before the final whistle.


Great Oakley 3-2 Pathfields. 

Pathfields desperately unlucky to come away from this game with nothing but a similar performance next week will promise a competitive game and hopefully more points on the board.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia