Home league match played on 08 July 2019.
Kicked off at 7:30 PM

Yet another good night for The Revs. The cogs are well oiled and as a result the engine purrs…

Newcomers The Impossible Dreamers were up next for The Revs and were on a half decent run themselves. The Revs, however, were in no mood to mess about and within 2 minutes were 1 up courtesy of a sublime finish from in-form James Evans, who took a short pass from his brother before cutting inside and bending a shot into the bottom corner.

That was to be the only goal of the first half though.

The Revs were never in danger of conceding though, with Allen marshalling the back and forming a good partnership with his keeper Myers. This was one of the quieter games for Myers though, so instead he got involved where he could in the build-up play and always made himself available for the pass.

The first half was a bit sluggish after such a quick start. The opposition keeper pulling off some saves by as much fluke as it was skill. By half time The Revs knew they had to keep hold of the ball and pass it around, forcing the opposition to chase and eventually wear them out.

And that is exactly what happened.

Less than 5 minutes into the 2nd half and Captain Evans had made it two with another wonderful effort. This time Tyman turned provider and Evans, taking advantage of Beardall’s overlapping run, curled a perfect shot into the bottom corner and in off the post.

Barely a minute later Evans hunted his third but the defender went with him allowing Tyman to produce a quite simply brilliant solo run, wrong footing a defender and then a little shimmy sent the keeper on his arse to stroke home. All smiles after that one, a joy to watch in fact!

The Revs were now in complete control and should have scored more. David Pinkstone, who was enjoying running at the defence, fluffed his lines in front of goal and lingered too long on the ball with the goal begging. Then moments later produced a deft touch but was denied on the line by a despairing keeper – they hugged it out in good spirits!

James Evans was hunting more goals as the keeper completely lost his whereabouts after collecting a through ball and then dropping it at his feet, presumably thinking he was taking a dead ball. Evans pounced but the keeper managed to just kick it away in a panic.

Lewis Evans was equally loving the hunt in the middle, cutting out through balls and cutting down would-be attackers, surging forward at every opportunity. His big bro turned provider at one point and Lewis smashed the ball goal bound only for the keeper to fling himself on the goal line, denying another goal.

Beardall was afforded space constantly and as a result was playing some dangerous balls into key areas. In fact he was afforded so much space at one point that Tyman’s headed flick on meant Beardall could turn poacher and swept home from close range to make it 4-0, with not a single soul in sight to stop him.

The opposition, to use a boxing term, were on the ropes…

They did manage to have one attack of note. A sloppy pass from James Evans to his brother allowed the opposition to nip in. Myers closed down the angle but the ball squirmed out and headed goal bound. Luckily Allen was alert and after tracking back managed to clear the danger on the goal line to preserve the clean sheet.

At the other end Dave P was back on the attack and was unlucky to not connect with a quite simply brilliant pass from Beardall who whipped a ball from out wide that took out both defenders. Unfortunately Dave’s touch was not strong enough to connect fully and the ball went out for a goal kick.

Moments later Dave P went on a mazy run down the wing, beating his man and cutting inside to see his final shot hit the side netting. However, it wasn’t much longer that he had to wait for his goal. This time a floated ball from Tyman found the flick on from Beardall and Dave P was on the line to tap home past a bewildered keeper.

Even at 5-0 there was still time for more goals though. Another superb cross from Beardall flummoxed the defender but the follow up from James Evans was not strong enough giving the keeper time to avert danger with his big toe.

Tyman had a few late rampaging runs into the box and caused mayhem from several corners as The Revs attack came wave after wave into the opposition half. The Revs were hot and running riot with Allen pulling the strings like a puppet master from the back.

However, the referee eventually brought the opposition misery to an end and The Revs left with the victory and a handsome 5-0 score line. Next week the opposition will be of a better calibre, with league leaders The Mole FC facing off against a very inform Revs side.

Next week we will see where The Revs lie in terms of fighting for this title.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia