Home friendly match played on 12 October 2016.
Kicked off at 2:30 PM

After the opposition turned up forty five minutes late, all of the St George's team valiantly came together and stayed for a 60 minute game.

St George's started the game understandably shakily all things considered and were unlucky to find themselves one goal down after ten minutes. Immediately Sam Farmer was brought on to sure up the back line of five. Farmer made an instantaneous impact and without long St George's were on top, fighting really hard to get back into the game. The breakthrough wasn't far away and at the halfway stage of the first half, substitute Jake Fallon was brought down on the edge of the box. Leon Allos stood up to take the resulting free kick and sent it to the goalkeeper's right, just out of reach of him, to level the score at 1-1. Just before the interval, a reasonable challenge from Jamie Orr saw a few strong words said to him but Orr ignored this and continued to put lots of effort to get St George's to the break well on top.

A big change around from the manager, saw Allos, Orr, captain Will Gray and striker Kit Eaton make way for Ben Soanes, Christian Scott, Marcus Dickson and Lochlan Walshe. The four substitutes sustained St George's pressure under the leadership of vice captain Fallon and were very unlucky not to score from a couple of good chances.

Halfway through the second half, and against the run of play, however, Jubilee High managed to get a player through on goal and, despite the efforts of the two tall centre backs, Farmer and Andrei Belonogoff, their striker clinically finished off the move to make it 2-1.

This was the signal for the strong quartet of Allos, Orr, Gray and Eaton to re-enter the field and the formation was changed to 4-4-2 with Fallon and James Kijowski running the midfield. Moments later, however, Kijowski was unfairly booked by the referee who halted play to give some strong words to both sides. Respectfully, Kijowski continued to play his natural game and forgot about the incident before being brought off to allow Ed Humphries to return to try and find that all important equaliser.

St George's were still on top at this stage and the manager decided to risk a heavy loss to equalise, bringing on the highly rated Kaveh Safavi to try and find that killer strike. The goal came when the captain Gray finished off a great move that included passes from Eaton, Orr and Allos.

Nevertheless St George's were not content with just a point and the manager changed the formation so only Belonogoff and Farmer were defending. This brought about great risk and, sure enough, after a couple of missed chances from St George's, and deep into injury time, Jubilee High went close, if it wasn't for George Lanigan, who was unlucky not to record a clean sheet.

Despite this, the match finished without further incident and St George's should be pleased with the performance, if not the result and look very strong before their next fixture in a month's time against Lord Wandsworth.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia