Away league match played on 12 September 2015.
Kicked off at 2:30 PM

A much much better performance compared to previous weeks, yet again we came away with no points. We began fairly well and seen our first chance arrive in the first minute once Adam Newbrook found himself behind the opposition in on goal after a slip by their centre half. Unfortunately the shot was smothered by the keeper, denying us pretty much the perfect start to the game. A first half displayed in abundance the patience, composure and cohesion we've been desperate to inject onto the field. We also seemed to eradicate the shot-shy attitude with our attempts on goal reaching double figures in the fist 45 too. It sounds like a broken record already this early in the season, however it was the home side who broke the deadlock with their first attempt of the game 25 minutes in. The ball wasn't cleared effectively which seen it fall to their man on the edge of the area who managed to squeeze it past keeper Mark Symington via a deflection. We responded well, with plenty of possession and shots on goal via Bell, Watson and Wilson forcing saves from the oppositions #1. A succession of corners finally seen us get on the score sheet, Wilsons corner was bulleted in off Adam Newbrooks head for his first goal for the club. More of the same followed for the rest of the half with the momentum on our side, although we didn't exploit the situation we found ourselves in fully. The half ended with what defines a stone wall penalty not given, Newbrook literally wrestled to the ground seen the claims waved away by the ref.

Second half we lost our way, and never regained the same momentum or rythm that we had in the first half. Two chances at either end at the start of the first half, the first falling for them from a corner which Symington held onto after a scramble in the box. We then countered to go straight up to the other end resulting in Wilson having a goal disallowed. Newbrook again involved to pull the ball back for Wilson to tap home, however it was Newbrook himself who was deemed to be offside. A decision which left us feeling hard done by as we felt there was no case for a decision to be made. It was backs against the wall for us at times as we couldn't manage to take control of the game again, and it wasn't long before Seaton took the lead for the second time. A misclearance in our box was pounced upon by their forward, and despite Symingtons best efforts to keep the score level the ball again rolled into the back of the net. We did have our fair share of opportunities to draw level, with our final chance of the game when Dan Watson burst down the left wing but blazed his shot over the bar from a tight angle.

We'll take the positives again, because there were plenty given we began the day with a 16 man squad yet kicked off with 12. Fact of the matter is we're still winless, and have started the season poorly despite a mountain of bad luck contributing to that. We're now at home for the next 4 weeks in a row, thankfully. We'll be using next week as a chance to begin overwriting our seasons results up to now.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia