Away league match played on 08 September 2011.
Kicked off at 6:15 PM


White Hart went into the game at Pudsey United minus Antonio Kennedy, Carl Roberts, Jermaine Springer, Craig Airton, with Mark Dempsey still suspended and Marcus Edwards, carrying a slight injury, starting as substitute. Aidan Rhodes, at 16 years and 23 days, was making his debut, and becoming the youngest player in White Hart (Robin Hood) history. Stuart Ellis and Stephen Bunting were making their first starts of the season.


White Hart started well and deservedly took the lead in the 12th minute with a fine solo goal from Karl Butler, beating two men and the advancing keeper to give White Hart a 1-0 lead. White Hart continued to attack, and when Karl Butler was fouled on the edge of the area, Brian Carr scored direct from the resulting free kick to put White Hart 2-0 in front with only 19 minutes gone.


After this goal White Hart allowed Pudsey United back into the game and were rocked with two goals in a four minute spell, the first from a tight angle and the second, an own from Stuart Ellis, deflecting a cross past Dave Chivers to put the scores level. Pudsey United continued to push forward and when the half time whistle blew, it was Pudsey United who were on top and White Hart were glad of the chance to regroup.


Pudsey United  started the second half stronger and went into the lead in the 51st minute with a close range goal and went 4-2 up in the 68th minute with  their centre forward breaking clear from the half way line, coolly beating Dave Chivers. Soon after White Hart brought on Marcus Edwards for Chris Hannan and Craig Chippindale for Adam Hague. White Hart were going to have to produce something special to get anything out of this game. White Hart forced a succession of corners with Matt Dempsey hitting the bar from one but he ball wouldn’t go in the net.


Eighty minutes gone and Pudsey United were still leading 4-2. Stuart Ellis was pushed up front with Matt Dempsey dropping into the back four, and in the 82nd minute the ball broke loose in the Pudsey United area, and Brian Carr stroked the ball home to bring the score to 4-3. Pudsey United were now hanging on and from another corner, the ball was deflected into the net from a Pudsey United defender to bring the scores level with five minutes remaining. White Hart were now going all out for the winner and had a penalty appeal turned down, and just when it appeared the scores were going to remain level, a clearance from Dave Chivers in the 90th minute found Marcus Edwards in space and he raced towards the Pudsey United goal, smashing an unstoppable shot past the helpless keeper to give White Hart a memorable victory.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia