Last updated : 04/08/2023 02:03:19
Crystal Palace are a Grassroots football team.
The team is from England, United Kingdom and play in the Football League Youth Alliance - Devon Clubs National U19 Youth Development League.
Crystal Palace Football Club
Crystal Palace Football Club is a professional football club based in Selhurst in the Borough of Croydon, South London, England, which competes in the Premier League, the highest level of English football.
The club was founded in 1861 at the famous Crystal Palace Exhibition building and initially played inside its grounds using the FA Cup Final stadium for their home games until 1915, when they were forced to leave due to the outbreak of the First World War. In 1924, they moved to their current home at Selhurst Park.
- The professional Crystal Palace football club was formed on 10 September 1905 under the guidance of Aston Villa assistant secretary Edmund Goodman.
- The club applied for election to the Football League, but were rejected and instead found itself in the Southern League Second Division for the 1905–06 season.
- Palace were successful in their inaugural season achieving promotion to the Southern League First Division, crowned as champions.
- They also played in the mid-week United League, finishing runners-up to Watford, and it was in this competition that the club played their first match, winning 3–0 away to New Brompton.
Crystal Palace have enjoyed a successful recent period, finishing in the top half of the Premier League in each of the last three seasons.
In the 2021–22 season, they finished 12th in the Premier League, qualifying for the UEFA Europa Conference League.
- Crystal Palace F.C. on Wikipedia
- Crystal Palace F.C. official website
- Crystal Palace F.C. official online shop
Football League Youth Alliance - Devon Clubs
Crystal Palace are currently competing in the Football League Youth Alliance - Devon Clubs division.
The team is managed by Paddy McCarthy and features a number of young players who are hoping to break into the first team.
The season runs from September to May, with each team playing each other twice.
The top two teams at the end of the season qualify for the Football League Youth Alliance National Finals.