Last updated : Thursday, 30 November 2023
The Continental Soccer League (CSL) is an amateur indoor soccer league based in the United States. It was founded in 2017 and currently has teams in California, Nevada, and Arizona.
The CSL was founded by a group of soccer enthusiasts who wanted to create a league that was more affordable and accessible than other indoor soccer leagues. The league's first season was in 2017, and it has grown steadily since then.
Rules and regulations
The CSL follows the official rules of indoor soccer. The games are played on a smaller field than outdoor soccer, and there are a few different rules that are unique to indoor soccer.
- The game is played with four players per team, plus a goalkeeper.
- The game is played on a hard surface, such as a basketball court.
- The ball is smaller and lighter than an outdoor soccer ball.
- There is no offside rule.
- The game is played in four quarters, each of 15 minutes.
The CSL currently has teams in California, Nevada, and Arizona. The teams are divided into two divisions: the Premier Division and the Division 1.
- The Premier Division is the top division in the league.
- The Division 1 is the second division in the league.
The CSL season culminates in a championship tournament. The top teams from each division qualify for the tournament, and the winner is crowned the CSL champion.