Last updated : Wednesday, 21 February 2024
Essex County Women's Football League
The Essex County Women's Football League (ECWFL) is an amateur football league for women in Essex, England. It is affiliated to the FA Women's Football Association (FAWFL).
The ECWFL was founded in 1988. The inaugural season consisted of 10 teams. The league has grown steadily over the years and currently has 32 teams competing in four divisions.
- Premier Division: The top division of the ECWFL.
- Division One: The second division of the ECWFL.
- Division Two: The third division of the ECWFL.
- Division Three: The fourth division of the ECWFL.
The ECWFL season runs from September to May. Each team plays each other team in their division home and away. The top two teams in each division are promoted to the next division, while the bottom two teams are relegated to the next lower division.
The ECWFL also organizes a number of cup competitions, including:
- Essex County Cup: The main cup competition in the ECWFL.
- Essex Challenge Cup: A second cup competition for teams in the ECWFL.
- Essex Junior Cup: A cup competition for teams in the ECWFL Under-18s division.