Home league match played on 24 January 2014.
Kicked off at 8:25 PM

2 minutes extra time played.

This was a big game with Foundry only four points behind us knowing they needed a win to stay in contention for the league title.

Our first half performance was very poor and two many mistakes saw us go in at half time 0:2 down. With a depleted squad again for the second week in a row we were off to Hanwood with 12 players to take on Albert Foundry and Ben Dempster who originally was out due to a calf strain had to come back in to the squad to give us a least one sub on the bench. The boys knew what they had to do but made hard work of it in the first half. Foundry took the lead in the 14th minute with some slack defending that aloud them to take advantage; 0:1. They went two up in the 30th minute when we failed to clear our lines; 0:2.

HALF TIME: 0 . 2

At half time instructions were simply " Boys we can play a lot better than that go and show what you can do and you will get back in this match"

Half time substitution saw Ben Dempster replace Ben Appleton up front but in six minutes Albert foundry would score a third when we gave away a free kick just outside our box , Jai set his wall but when the free kick was taken the wall all ducked down and the ball flew into the net; 0:3. most teams at this stage would have gave up, not our boys as they have shown in the past they have fight and that is what they did. As soon as the third goal went in it was time to go for broke, we went three at the back, Jordan on the left, Matty in the centre and Eddie pulled back from midfield to right back sending Jack into centre mid and big Joel up front to partner Ben in a 3-5-2. We were now on the front foot and Foundry were finding it hard to cope with this new formation. We pull a goal back in the 51st minute when the ball was sent through for Joel as he controlled the ball and went past the keeper the keeper brought him down, the Ref awarded the penalty and booked the keeper. Up stepped Reece to take the penalty and he didn't disappoint as he tucked it into the net to keep his 100% recorded from the spot; 1:3. Two minutes later we grabbed another when Foundry were caught offside Jai sat the ball down and sent a wonderful kick straight into the foundry box which was met by Joel and he turned to put the ball in the net; 2:3 game on. We were now on a high and in total control of this second half pushing for the equaliser. We thought we had it in the 59th minute when Matty sent over a corner which was met by Jack and he thumped the header into the net but the Referee ruled it out as he saw something at the back and awarded Foundry the free kick. This didn't deter the boys as the kept pushing for the equaliser, surely it would come as chance after chance would go a begging, one would end up in the net. Then in the 64th minute a great cross from Jordan was met by Reece but his header came off the cross bar. It was now looking as though it was going to be one of those games.

FULL TIME: 2 . 3

Managers Comments:

A poor first half performances boys but you did what we asked you to do in the second half and proved that you are a good football team. We need to hit the ground running from the start.
Three games remaining , three wins and you are league Champions as simple as that and I know you can do it. RABA#

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia