Home league match played on 14 October 2012.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

Another great win today lads even if we did do it the hard way!


We started the game brightly and immediately got into a good rhythm, passing the ball well across all areas of the pitch. The link up play and communication was good and it wasn’t long before we managed to take the lead. A deep cross from Harry on the right hand side fell to the back post where Raymond was lurking to nod home from no more than a yard out. We clearly didn’t want to sit on this one goal advantage and continued to heap the pressure on the Pixham defense. We were creating chance after chance and were extremely unlucky not to add to our solitary goal although we should have been awarded a penalty towards the end of the first half after Eddy was brought down with only the keeper to beat but the penalty shouts were waived away by the referee.


We were then made to pay for not adding anymore to our goal tally as Pixham managed to draw level through very fortunate circumstances. A rather innocuous free kick was lofted into the area which managed to elude Luke and find its way into the corner of the net. 1-1 at half time although we really could have been 2, 3 or 4-0 up.


We didn’t start the second half as well as the first and seemed to lose a bit of composure when in control of the ball but nevertheless, plugged away and tried to open up the Pixham defense. We were then dealt a hammer blow as Pixham managed to take an unlucky lead. A hopeful ball was played over the back of our back four for the Pixham striker whose first touch set him up to finish well past Luke. 1-2 but not quite sure how.


We showed a great deal of character after going behind and made sure we got straight back on the front foot. We once again took the game to Pixham and it wasn’t too long before we managed to draw level. Luke G drove forward from defense and looked to be going nowhere but managed to pull a ball back to Danny who crossed for Ivan who cleverly passed the ball into the corner of the goal pas the Pixham keeper. 2-2!


We knew that a draw would have still been a bad result bearing in mind we dominated nearly the entire match so a third goal was crucial. We continued to bombard Pixham with wave and wave after attack and should have been awarded another penalty after a clear handball inside the area. These penalty shouts were once again waived away by the referee and it did seem as if we would need that little bit of luck to clinch victory and we were rewarded with a slice of luck in the build up to our third goal. A lofted ball from the back from Harry managed to break kindly for Raymond who picked his moment to play in Mumford who finished coolly past the Pixham keeper. 3-2!!! And that’s how it finished.

We played some excellent football today lads and the result should have been a lot greater but a wins, a win. Two wins on the bounce now and a chance to make in three this weekend against Woking & Maybury Reserves.



Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia