Away league match played on 14 October 2012.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

     Town came into this game looking to get their league campaign back on track and bought Terry Greenall and daniel Piedot back into the team down the right flank with Neale and Marshall in central midfield meaning edwards and Ottaway had to be content with a place on the Bench. Up front Wingrave was prefered to Mattacks as partner to top scorer Childs.

    It couldnty have started any worse for Leighton however as they gave the ball away early and cheddington broke down the left and as the first shot was cleared off the line the ball broke to an unmarked player on the edge to make it 1-0 after 5 minutes. Moments later things got worse for town as centre back Migliori had to go off with an ankle injury, on came Ottaway with Piedot pushed into centre midfield and Marshall to centre back. town then started to get back in the game with Piedot and Neale getting a foot on the ball and playing some decent football, it wasnt long till the equaliser came as a mistake by the goalkeeper allowed Wingrave to round and play a ball square for Poacher Childs to tap inhis 5th of the season. However after this town went to pieces and lost all positional discipline and started ball chasing giving Cheddington the easy job of finding the seemingly always open free man, with their number 14 having a field day in the middle of the park it was a long shot by him that found the corner of the net to give them the lead.

    Straight after this suprisingly town put Piedot centre back and marshall back to midfield but his lack of knowledge in this position almost cost Town again but the home striker failing to capitiliss after an amazing 4 players went to shut the same man! the 3rd goal did come though as the ref gave cheddington a corner aftertheir striker deflected it wide they capitilised on this by scoring a header which came off the shoulder of another player and wrong footed keeper Sibley. In the last 5 minutes Town did try tocome into it with georgiou playing well down the left and Childs leading the line well but it was to no avail and the half time whistle was welcomed by the away side.

    the second half however started as the first ended with Town being pulled all over the place and as the ball was given away in the middle of the park there midfielder beat greenall and smashed the ball in the top corner from the edge of the box to make it 4-1. after this Town started to show a bit more promise and enjoyed some success down the left and it was indeed left winger Georgiou who latched onto a beautiful through ball by Piedot to beat the keeper and make it 4-2. However town then went to self destruct mode once more and after giving their centre midfielder to much space he struck a long shot into the top corner beyond sibley's reach. On 65 minutes however the difference was mad in the wake of a double subsitution, with Mattacks and Edwards replacing Childs and Piedot. Edwards introduction immedietly gave town a much more stable look and his positional sense in the centre of midfield was the catalyst for the comeback. Up front Mattacks pace within moments of coming on was causing the home defence all sorts of problems and it paid off within minutes as georgiou chipped over the goalkeeper for Mattacks to tap home. This gave town some belief and after that it was all one way traffic, Neale and Edwards were stamping their authority on the game in the middle of the park and the pace of mattacks and wing play of Geo and Ottaway creating lots. The deficit should have been cut even further but Ottaway hit the keeper when 1v1 and Wingrave missing a sitter from 5 yards. Leighton played the last ten minutes with 10 men but were always on top however, It wasnt untill 3 minute from the end that town put themselves within a goal when Another Georgiou run provided a cross to which Neale excecuted a perfect half volley into the back of the net, game on! Cheddington now tired where trying to play for time but it wasnt to be as in literally one of the last kicks of the match Neale went down the right put the ball across and Mattacks produced the finish to equalise and complete the comeback.

With Town coming out of this on a high after a superb last 20 minutes it will be hoped they carry that into next weeks game against high flying Go Bowling Res and not produce the performance that they did for the first 70. What town will turn up only time will tell.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia