Last updated : 11/09/2023 18:41:34
Southendunited are a Grassroots football team made up of 1 team members.
The team is from Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom and play in the League One League One.
Southendunited started using TeamStats in August 2018.
Southend United Football Club
Southend United Football Club is a professional association football club based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England, and competing in the National League, the fifth tier of English football. Southend are known as "The Shrimpers", a reference to the area's maritime industry included as one of the quarters on the club badge.
- The club was founded on 19 May 1906 in the Blue Boar pub.
- They won the Southern League Second Division in both of their two initial seasons and were admitted into the Football League in 1920.
- Their highest league finish was third in the Second Division in 1936-37.
- They reached the FA Cup semi-finals in 1937 and 1990.
- They won the Football League Trophy in 1999.
The club has had financial problems in recent years, and were relegated to the National League in 2021.
- Goalkeepers: Mark Oxley, Nathan Bishop, Harry Seaden.
- Defenders: Jason Demetriou, Charlie Kelman, Shaun Hobson, Ryan Leonard, Timothee Dieng, Adam Thompson, Kenny Clark, Ben Coker, Will Atkinson.
- Midfielders: Elvis Bwomono, Callum Powell, Kenny Davis, Matt Rush, Timothee van der Heyden, Jack Wood, Kieron Freeman.
- Forwards: Wes Fonguck, Theo Archibald, Sam Dalby, Harry Cardwell.
Source: Southend United official website
The League One is the third tier of the English football league system. It is also known as the Sky Bet League One for sponsorship reasons.
The league consists of 24 teams, who play each other twice, once at home and once away. The top two teams at the end of the season are promoted to the Championship, while the bottom four teams are relegated to League Two.
The current champions are Sunderland, who won the title in 2022-23.