Last updated : Monday, 27 November 2023
Heavy Woollen League 2
The Heavy Woollen League 2 is an amateur football league in West Yorkshire, England. It is the second division of the Heavy Woollen League, which is a feeder league for the West Riding County Amateur Football League.
The league was founded in 1920 and currently consists of 12 teams. The teams are all based in the Heavy Woollen district of West Yorkshire, which includes the towns of Dewsbury, Batley, Morley, and Huddersfield.
The season runs from September to May, with each team playing each other twice. The top two teams at the end of the season are promoted to the Heavy Woollen League 1, while the bottom two teams are relegated to the Heavy Woollen League 3.
- AFC Chickenley (1st)
- Drighlington (2nd)
- Main Line Social (3rd)
- Overthorpe Savs FC (4th)
- Britannia Sports (5th)
- Wellington Westgate (6th)
- AFC Chickenley 2 - 8 Drighlington
- Britannia Sports 2 - 9 Main Line Social
- AFC Chickenley 1 - 1 Overthorpe Savs FC
- Main Line Social 1 - 3 Wellington Westgate
- Overthorpe Savs FC 2 - 1 Britannia Sports
- Wellington Westgate 3 - 2 Drighlington