Last updated : Friday, 08 December 2023
The Israeli Premier League (Hebrew: ???? ???, Ligat Ha`Al; lit. 'The Super League') is a professional association football league which operates as the highest division of the Israeli Football League – the state's league of Israel. The league is contested by 14 clubs, and operates on a system of promotion and relegation with its second division Liga Leumit. Seasons run from August to May, with teams playing between 33 and 36 matches each, totalling 240 matches in every season.
The Israeli Premier League was founded in 1999 following the decision of the Israel Football Association to form a new league. The first season was won by Maccabi Haifa, who have since gone on to win the title a total of 10 times. Other successful clubs in the Israeli Premier League include Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Be'er Sheva, and Hapoel Tel Aviv.
The current season of the Israeli Premier League is the 2023-2024 season. The season began on August 25, 2023, and is scheduled to end on May 27, 2024. The defending champions are Maccabi Haifa.
- Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Petach-Tikva (August 26, 2023)
- Bnei Sakhnin vs Hapoel Tel Aviv (August 26, 2023)
- Maccabi Petah Tikva vs Hapoel Jerusalem (August 26, 2023)
- Maccabi Netanya vs Maccabi Bnei Reineh (August 26, 2023)
- Hapoel Be'er Sheva vs Hapoel Hadera (August 26, 2023)
- Maccabi Tel Aviv vs F.C. Ashdod (August 27, 2023)