Away cup match played on 25 September 2011.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

On a fairly blustery morning 3M FC headed to Charvil for the first round of the Berks and Bucks Cup. The form guide showed that Charvil Rangers (Reading Div 1) had not won a game this season whereas 3M were going into the game unbeaten this season. Such guides can never be counted or bet on! The match began with 3M looking to get the ball down and play their usual passing game, this was proving tough against not only a tenacious Charvil side but also the wind. Following a couple of chances for both sides Charvil took the lead following a shot which came back off the crossbar to be slotted home by the onrushing forward. 3M responded with Dixon being put clear down the right hand side and his shot being parried the Charvil defender dithered on the ball to allow Bailey to slide in to make it 1-1. 3M began to play some decent football and took the lead after Beynon put Tyler through on goal, his initial shot was saved by the keeper but he composed himself to slide the ball into the back of the net. Just before half time Charvil equalised following a 3M goal kick which came straight back and the Charvil centre forward beat Carter and Vaessen with a neat turn before slotting the ball past A. Green. All square at the break 2-2, it appeared that the game was going to be tight and possibly go to the wire. This was not to be the case as 3M began the 2nd half in style. The goal of the game followed shortly after the restart. Earl took a throw in from the right hand side back to Vaessen who passed across to R. Green who calmly took the ball forward before laying it off to Beynon just inside the opposition half, Beynon then passed it to Tyler who then laid the ball back into Beynon's path as he continued his run taking it in his stride firing it into the bottom corner. Within a minute Beynon doubled his tally in the match with a calm finish following a great cut back by the ever running Atkinson. 3M were now firing on all cylinders with Carvil unsure of what had just happened. 3M continued to boss the game and in the last 15 mins the goals flowed once more. Bailey made it 5-2 after Dixon crossed to find Bailey in acres of space and time to slot the ball past the Charvil keeper. With Bailey and Beynon both netting brace's they were replaced by Watson and Edmonds. With Watson playing on the wing Dixon switched to playing centre forward, what an inspired decision by Earl. Dixon was put through shortly after by Tyler only to screw his shot wide, this proved to be a case of Dixon getting his eye in as shortly after he was put clean through by Earl's header and coolly slotted past the keeper. Just a couple of minutes later and he was once more put through by Watson and hit a shot from the edge of the box. As the Charvil keeper watched helplessly the ball hit the post before running across the goal to nestle just inside the far post making it 7-2. 3M march on to the next round with a comprehensive 2nd half display. R.Green picked up the mom award with another assured display at the back.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia