Home league match played on 09 December 2012.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

Superb result today lads, especially considering we played the majority of the game with 10 men!!


We started very brightly and looked like we meant business from the first whistle so it was extremely disappointing to see Danny H limp off with less than 10 minutes gone and even more frustrating that we didn’t have any substitutions to replace him with! This should have signaled an onslaught from Knaphill but instead it was us who continued to take charge of proceedings and looked like the more likely team to get the opener.


We passed the ball well and continued to create shooting opportunities which were mostly dealt with easily by the Knaphill keeper. Our best chance of the half actually fell to me on the right hand side. Good build up play down the left, led to the ball being played inside for Ed who played an excellent ball in behind the left back but I could only see my shot turned on to the side netting by the keepers legs. We continued to probe for the remainder of the half but couldn’t find the breakthrough although we can be very pleased with our efforts during the first half. 0-0 HT.


The second half played out in near enough the same way as the first with us playing all the football and again, looking most likely to score. We continued to have good possession and roughly half way through the second half, we forced the breakthrough. A good ball in behind the left back from me into the path of Mumford left him one on one with the keeper and he made no mistake by placing his effort into the far corner of the net! 1-0!!!


The referee made mistake after mistake after this goal but he did do us a favor by reducing Knaphill to 10 men. A reckless challenge from the Knaphill striker who was already booked led to his marching orders. It was maybe a bit harsh but then he had already had a warning for a previous challenge so he did put the referee in a difficult position. We drove on looking for a second after this and had chances to make it 2-0 and would have if it wasn’t for good saves from the Knaphill keeper.


We did however make the result save with a goal through Eddy. A hesitant piece of play from the Knaphill skipper at the back led to him getting caught in possession by Ed who then fired an audacious lob over the Knaphill keeper!! A great goal and a very much welcomed goal to calm the nerves towards the final stages of the game.


The final ten minutes were made up by several long balls from Knaphill into our box from free kicks which were mostly not even free kicks in my opinion but we managed to deal with everything well and hung on to secure a great victory and another clean sheet!!! 2-0 FT.


I though the back line were terrific today and fully deserved the praise that came their way at the end of the match. I thought Jon & Chris were especially solid and it was hard to call MOM between them but I think it was decided that Chris just about shaded it.


Our last game of the year this weekend and it’s a big one, home to Chilworth Rangers who have also been going well this season.


Lets end the year on a high!!!



Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia