Away cup match played on 12 December 2010.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

Finally here after weeks of snow Freehouse had a game! The Hants Cup. With plans in place for the long drive up the A3 to Farnbrough, MOD & bacon sarnies were on offer from 7am at the managers house to start the day. The team in good sprit made their way north the conditions didn’t look good on arrival & a pitch inspection would be needed before the game could proceed. A cold frosty morning but in glorious sunshine the game got underway, Freehouse opting to have the sun in their eyes kicked left to right first half. It looked a good start as the good understanding between Andy Shaw & Sab Choudhury continued down the right creating space for Choudhury to cross missed by the forward line & defenders, Dave Hounsome had time & space to pick his spot but quick to hit it first time scuft and hit wide. Freehouse feeling comfortable started to over play the ball rolled out to Shaun Hounsone took one too many touches & was pouched upon by Rushmoor forward without thinking took one touch to bury beyond Jack Tabbner 1-0. Not the start Freehouse wanted. It was to get worse, great going forward by Shaw & Choundhury but looked shaky defending as Rushmoor exposed the space down their left, great play by Rushmoor winger as he tricked his way into a good crossing position sending over a perfect ball for the on rushing forward to dive & head into the top corner 2-0. Unbelieveable! An Uphill task was now facing Freehouse. The Hants Cup looked over. Such is the sprit in the Freehouse camp  this season they don’t know when their beaten. They continue to play only how they know best ball on the floor quick short yard passing spreading the play from wing to wing creating chances, making space. It wasn’t long till this paid off Wayne Lawton found space centre off the park to chip a lovely ball over the defence Ben Hounsome beat the offside as the flag stayed down to drill the ball passed the keeper 1-2. Better was to come again Lawton with time on the ball fed Nipper out wide left with a first time right foot cross the ball once more found Ben (10) taking the ball on his chest then volleying from 18yards into the bottom corner 2-2. Freehouse were in full control Rushmoor couldn’t wait for half time. One change to be made at the interval the returning Aaron Vassello came on to add extra pace to the front line & it didn’t take long before he was threatening Rushmoor goal. Corner won & delivered by Joe Atkins found its way to the back post as Nipper & Shaw both fought over the ball it finally ended up going in off a defender (O.G) 2-3. To the rest it didn’t matter Freehouse lead. Certainly the better side was to shine through again pass & move made life easy for Freehouse as Rushmoor struggled to cope being penned back in their own half only the long ball giving them any real offer but standing firm as always Matt Jenkins & Dave Ough were not to be beaten. It wasn’t long till Vass finally got on the score sheet again, finding himself with the ball wide left he cut in to the box a fierce low shot brought a good save from the keeper by the ball heading only back to Vass wasn’t going to miss a second time drilling home from six yards 2-4. More was to come from Vass this time with time & space just right of the goal he  picked a lovely chip over the keeper to once more prove he is a natural in front off goal 2-5. Freehouse were in the driving seat. The next round looked safe, changes were made to give the travelling players a run out Ryan Chant & Daniel Deacon replaced Nipper & Ben (10). Manager Lawton never happy his emotions were getting the better off him, the referee not having the greatest game was soon told by Lawton only to once more find out that the man in black is in charge, after a second yellow was shown his marching orders Sent Off! when will he learn? Only ten minutes to go Rushmoor used the extra man & pushed forward finally giving Tabbner something to do they managed to force over a third late on 3-5. But the actions of the final ten minutes were not going to stop the after party celebrations the game was won Freehouse went played & concurred onto the next round where yet another away trip has been drawn. Gosport the venue!

Match report done by Wayne Lawton.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia