Last updated : Saturday, 02 December 2023
Futsal is a variant of association football played on a hard court smaller than a football pitch, with five players per team instead of eleven. The game is played with a smaller, heavier ball with less bounce than a standard football.
Futsal is a popular sport in many countries around the world, and there are many amateur futsal leagues. These leagues provide a great opportunity for people of all ages and skill levels to play the game.
Rules of Futsal
- The game is played on a hard court that is 40 meters long and 20 meters wide.
- Each team has five players on the court at a time, one of whom is the goalkeeper.
- The game is played with a smaller, heavier ball with less bounce than a standard football.
- The object of the game is to score more goals than the other team by kicking the ball into their goal.
- A goal is scored when the ball completely crosses the goal line between the posts and under the crossbar.
- The game is played in two halves of 20 minutes each.
- There is a break of 10 minutes between the halves.
For more information on the rules of futsal, please visit the following sources:
Amateur Futsal Leagues
There are many amateur futsal leagues around the world. Some of the most popular leagues include:
- The United States Futsal Federation (USFF) Amateur League
- The Canadian Futsal Association (CFA) Amateur League
- The English Futsal Association (EFA) Amateur League
- The Spanish Futsal Federation (RFEF) Amateur League
- The Brazilian Futsal Confederation (CBFS) Amateur League
To find an amateur futsal league in your area, please visit the following sources:
Futsal is a great way to get exercise and have fun. It is also a very competitive sport, and there are many opportunities to play at the amateur level. If you are interested in playing futsal, I encourage you to find an amateur league in your area.