Away league match played on 06 November 2011.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

With a chance to close the gap at the top of the table 3M came up against Crown Wood Dukes. In a first half which was full of endeavour but lacked any real quality which 3M had shown in recent weeks. Several chances were created with 3M having the lion's share of possession with Crown Wood closing 3M down very quickly all over the pitch making it difficult for 3M to get any fluidness going in their usual attractive passing game. The only chances of note coming from Green with a free header from Tyler's cross going wide, Beynon forcing the keeper into a smart save following a long range shot, Bailey dragging his shot wide after Stark's cross and following good work from Earl and Tyler. Bailey just failed to get on the end of Earl's cross. Atkins made a terrific save after the Crown Wood forward turned and fired a shot towards the bottom corner from the edge of the box. With half time approaching 3M had a throw in from which Beynon rose to head towards goal but alas landed straight in the keepers hands from the keepers long punt Crown Wood managed to flick the ball on and with Stark covering he attempted to head the ball back to Atkins but unfortunately the header was mis-cued allowing the Crown Wood striker to latch onto the loose ball and shoot into the bottom corner beyond Atkins. With 3M 1-0 down at half time changes were made with Burn and Edney replacing the unfortunate Guest and Watson. For the majority of the second half 3M were camped inside the Crown Wood half pressing for the equaliser, dominating possession and territory. Crown Wood were becoming more physical with a couple of heavy challenges and also a fair bit of time wasting to frustrate 3M. 3M created several chances to equalise but could not convert the required goal. Earl had several shots but had forgot his shooting boots with them all going wayward. Beynon also firing wide when he managed to get into a good shooting position. The Crown Wood keeper was forced into a great save following Tyler's acrobatic overhead kick which appeared to be heading in. From the resulting corner Edney headed wide from the six yard box. The next opportunity for 3M came from a long throw from Stark into the penalty area and after Bailey and Beynon contested the ball it dropped to Edney who's shot hit the post. With another 3M throw in Edney rose to head another chance straight into the keeper's arms. After all the chances 3M had created to equalise the inevitable happened, A Crown Wood throw just evaded the head of Stark and the Crown Wood forward pounced to get away from Green before taking the ball round Atkins and firing into the net to double his tally and put Crown Wood out of sight. 3M didn't give up despite only 5 mins left in the match 3M went up the other end and finally scored. After a throw in to 3M Stark rose to flick the ball on as Edney then challenged for the ball it broke to Beynon who got to the by line having beaten his man to cut the ball back for Tyler to calmly slot the ball into the net. Despite not playing at their best there was still plenty of opportunities for 3M to score the goals to win the game but sometimes it's just not your day.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia