Away cup match played on 19 September 2010.
Kicked off at 10:30 AM

2nd round of the cup, always going to be tough. Icomm in the division above not yet won a game, Freehouse unbeaten in the season so far something had to give and it did. With goal machine Aaron Vassallo on paternity leave there were some big boots too fill for Nathan Hickley, also being (player-manager) Wayne Lawton's birthday the mood in the camp was too win as a present. Once more another "great" pitch supplied by the council, long grass muddy patches had both teams finding their early passes going wild. Just as Freehouse looked to be getting a grip on the game a lovely one two between Lawton & Hickley saw Lawton burst into the box a tangle with defender see Lawton hit the ground in pain (later damged to be ligament to the ankle) not a great birthday present. Mike Prior returning from holiday replaced the injured. a shuffle in the side was made & again made Freehouse look unsure, great play down the right by Icomm lead to the 1st goal making the defence look like statutes as the winger ghosted past four to score 0-1. Again with both teams not really showing much untill almost the last kick of the half Icomm goalkeeper hit a long ball into the wind once again the Freehouse defence stood still, with (captian) Dave Ough & Ben Roxbourgh getting mixed up with the flight of the ball Icomm striker had a free run at goal 0-2. A few hard words from the manager at half-time & a change in formation saw Freehouse come out looking stronger with the wind now on their backs they made it pay great move in midfield with both Matt's (Cox & Jenkins) saw Andy Shaw break the offside & drill a low hard shot beyond the out rushing keeper 1-2. Freehouse pushing on & on top of the game were soon behind by two again, quick counter down the left with again bad defending gave Icomm another goal cushion 1-3. Not too be outdone the goal of the game came from Freehouse, winning the ball at left back Prior crossed the halfway line with shouts from the touchline to shoot he did just that, an unstoppable stop flew past the keeper, 5 wouldnt have saved it 2-3. tails up in the driving seat Freehouse were on top with time running out pushing bodies forward another quick break left 3 on 1 at the back for Icomm to finish the game off 2-4. Not before another ijury forced Simon Kimber off. The medic table is startin to look crowded, but with a few weeks off without a game hopefully Freehouse will be back to full fitness & winning ways in their next game.


Match Report Done By (Wayne Lawton) 

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

Football team organiser? TeamStats is the ultimate football coach app, providing powerful all-in-one software to grassroots football teams around the world.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia