Away cup match played on 29 September 2019.
Kicked off at 12:00 PM

20 minutes extra time played. Tilbury U12s won the penalty shootout.

Today we entered into the 1st round of our League Cup as we travelled to Senrab Leopords. We started the game in the perfect way when Max Baker picked up the ball in the midfield and burst past the oncoming centre half. Max was left in the clear and he passed the ball past the goalkeeper after only 2 minutes. It got better on 8 minutes after Alfie Stevenson slotted a delightful pass through to Max Baker and he raced through 1v1 again with the goalkeeper and had the same outcome. 2 nil. We continued to press and the opposition keeper was very busy. He made some tidy saves from Alfie Stevenson, Billy Dopson and Aleks Panayatov. We had a slight advantage in the first half as it was blowing a gale towards the opposition goal however we continued to play our football and were well worth our lead. 22 minutes were on the clock when Elliot Wells was fouled on the edge of the box and received a blow to the head however the referee played on allowed Senrab to pull a goal back after a scramble in the box. 2-1. 6 minutes later Georgie Edmonds-Jeffries received the ball out on the right hand side and he played a delightful through ball to Billy Dopson and from outside the box slotted it past the oncoming goalkeeper. 3-1. As the half wore on we had chance after chance and were unfortunate to come across a linesman who thought every time we touched the ball it was offside. We came out for the second half and were up against it from the of. Senrab persisted in knocking the ball long and using the wind so on 37 minutes it came as no surprise they got a goal back when a long punt found the striker who shot from a very long way out and he made it 3-2. We conceded again 10 minutes later after a melee outside of the box and it fell kindly for the opposition to get the ball past Alfie Drake who nearly got a hand to it. We started to play our football like I know we can and we started to create good opportunities for us to score but unfortunately we could get past the linesman and suffered as a consequence. We had a goal ruled out after Riley Sykes picked the ball up on the left and ran towards goal. He shot and the keeper saved. The ball fell beautifully for Billy Dopson who slotted in and we thought it was 3-4 to us however the linesmans flag appeared yet again and it was chalked off. Riley Sykes then ask the referee how this was possible and was sin binned for 10 minutes. We were down to 10 men and kept our shape very well and slowed the play down where necessary. We then went into extra time and again had a few chance to get in front in the first half of extra time but we just didnt have the cutting edge. Senrab did hit the bar after receiving a very fortunate free kick after Sam Brown won the ball on the edge of the box. We then swapped ends in the second half and probably were the better side in this half as the opposition smashed the ball long on every occasion in an attempt to gain an advantage with the wind but Alfie Drake cleared his lines very well or slowed the ball down as and when he could. We created a few chances in the half and Alfie Stevenson had the ball in the back of the net and again the flag went up to rule the goal out. Alfie was clearly frustrated and rightly so and then some how the referee sin binned him and we were down to 10 again, against the wind and the referee and linesman. To the boys credit they were fantastic from start to finish and their game management in this half got us to a penalty shoot out. So .......we went to penalties. Senrab took the first and he put it to the left of Alfie Drake but wide. Aleks Panayatov stepped up and buried it into the top right of the goal 0-1 advantage Tilbury. The second Senrab penalty was exactly the same as the first. Callum Casey followed Aleks and out his in the same place as Aleks. 0-2. Senrab stepped up for the 3rd penalty and failed to hit the target again. Riley Sykes had the chance to put us into the next round but he blazed it over the bar. Senrab made 1-2 and it was left to Ivan Nedkov to hit the winning penalty and send us through the next round. A very well deserved win. It would of been a travesty had we not won the game. A special mention should go to the 4 troops at the back Elliott Wells, Harry Ewington, Prince Igbo and Callum Casey who were excellent today. We played 20 minutes with 10 men and they were put under a lot of pressure at times and came through.

Featured Match Reports

Are you looking for something ? Search the TeamStats directory...

Team management made easy

TeamStats is the ultimate app for running your football team.
Everything you need in one intuitive platform.

Learn more
Used around the world by clubs and teams from:
  • The FA Logo - English Football Association
  • Northern Ireland FA Logo
  • Scottish FA logo
  • United States Soccer Logo
  • Welsh FA Logo
  • Eire Football Association Logo
  • Czech Republic Football Association Logo
  • Singapore Football Association Logo
  • Australia FFA logo - Football Federation Australia