Last updated : Friday, 22 September 2023
Nottinghamshire FA Walking Football Leagues
The Nottinghamshire FA Walking Football Leagues are a series of amateur football leagues for people over the age of 50. The leagues are run by the Nottinghamshire FA, and there are currently four leagues running in the county:
- Nottingham Walking Football League
- Mansfield Walking Football League
- Newark & Sherwood Walking Football League
- Rushcliffe Walking Football League
Walking football is a modified version of football that is designed for people of all ages and abilities. The rules are similar to regular football, but there are a few key differences:
- Players must keep both feet on the ground at all times.
- There is no tackling.
- The ball cannot be played above head height.
Walking football is a great way to stay active and socialise, and it is also a lot of fun. If you are over the age of 50 and are interested in playing walking football, please visit the Nottinghamshire FA website for more information.