Last updated : Sunday, 26 November 2023
Shropshire FA Walking Football League
The Shropshire FA Walking Football League is an amateur football league for players aged 50 and over. It was founded in 2016 and currently has 10 teams competing in two divisions. The league is affiliated to the England Walking Football Association.
- Players must walk at all times, with no running or jogging.
- There is no heading of the ball.
- Tackling is allowed, but with reduced physical contact.
- The game is played on a smaller pitch than regular football, with goals that are 7 yards wide.
- Each team has seven players on the pitch, with up to three substitutes.
- AFC Telford United Goalzone
- Market Drayton Town FC
- Montgomery Waters Meadow
How to get involved
If you are interested in getting involved in the Shropshire FA Walking Football League, you can contact the league secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find more information on the league's website at https://www.teamstats.net